Friday, October 12, 2007

Santander, Day 10

So after the crazy first night in Santander, I slept in half the day on Friday. I finally got myself out of bed around 12 because I knew that I had to say goodbye to Esther at the train station at 12:45! So I got down there, said my goodbyes to her, and was off to Elodie's apartment. We had made arrangements the night before that she was going to bring me to the seafood neighborhood in Santander and I was going to have "real" paella for the first time (a year after my original arrival, more or less! so sad!!)! We made our way over to the restaurant and had AMAZING paella. Now I'm just kicking myself for not going sooner! For 10 euros, we got a paella appetizer, I had a really good, typical pork dish for my main plate and then a desert! Oh so good..
Later, I found out that Mom had made it into the finals in her competition in Calgary, Canada! That must've been exciting for her. I also met up with one of my students from Bezana, Lia. She loves traveling to Ireland to practice her English. She wants to eventually go to the U.S., but when you can hop over to Ireland for under 100 euro, and a ticket to the states would cost about 500 euro, do you blame her?
That night, I went out with Katy and met up with Elodie for another awesome night out in Santander. When we were in Plaza canadio, Katy met up and introduced me to all the new English teachers for this year (our replacements! :( ). When she first introduced me, they thought I was Spanish!! :)
We met up with Katy's Spanish friend Chechu, who later, I taught to dance like an American, which he enjoyed a lot! We stayed out again until about 4AM, even after Elodie said it was going to be an early night for her! :) Obviously a great night!

No comments: