Sunday, October 14, 2007

Last day in Santander, Day 12

First, check out all the pictures from my stay in Santander here:
Facebook Album: Otra vez en Santander

After an early night to bed, I woke up on Sunday and finished getting ready for leaving. I bought my bus ticket to Madrid for that night, and made my way to the awesome kebab place that Leanne and Lauren ranted and raved about last year. After ordering the kebab, I remembered that Pablo's mom was making us lunch in one hour! So I ate the kebab quickly in the FEVE (train) station and waited for my train that I thought ran at 1:45. I waited and waited, only to find out that the train didn't leave until 2:15. I wouldn't have cared, except that Pablo was waiting for me at the train station in Bezana and I didn't have his phone number anymore! I finally got to Bezana and Pablo was there. I was extremely apologetic on the walk back to his house.
For lunch, his mom made a rice and vegetable mixture, then some pork, and then finished with some leftover birthday cake! (it was Pablo's birthday a few days ago). After, we played some playstation (or as the Spaniards call it "Play". Imagine, 'do you want to play Play?') Then, I headed home. I packed for a while, ate some dinner, and then said goodbye to the girls. They'd been awesome hosts, and of course I really enjoyed my return to Santander. There will always be a special place in my heart for that city... the first city I lived in outside the U.S.! I headed to Elodie's to say goodbye to her before I had to catch my bus. We exchanged photos, chatted for a few, and I was off!
I caught my bus and it was off to bed for the night!

No comments: